Florida DUI/DWI Law Firm Fights for Clients’ Rights
Criminal law firm defending Clearwater clients against criminal prosecution for 30 years
Throughout Florida, law enforcement officials have been cracking down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. With 30 years of experience handling driving under the influence (DUI) cases, Law Offices of Thomas G. Tripp has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you, and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
An effective DUI/DWI defense starts here
At the Law Offices of Thomas G. Tripp, we have successfully handled hundreds of DUI cases in Pinellas County courtrooms. We understand that good people can make mistakes, and we strive to satisfy your emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. We are knowledgeable about complex Florida DUI laws, and we analyze every aspect of your case, challenging:
- Unlawful traffic stops
- Unlawful field sobriety tests
- Faulty breath test equipment
- Lack of probable cause
We know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and we use our 20 years of experience to build your case and get the best possible results.
What to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself.
- Remain calm. Police officers can interpret nervousness in your voice as a sign that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Whether you have consumed alcohol or not, remaining calm is a good way to ensure that police officers do not question your sobriety
- Always have a clean center console or glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to grab your identification and present it to a police officer quickly.
- Do not consent to a search of the car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction, so do not allow the officer to perform a search.
- Do not take the test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact a Florida DUI attorney for a free phone consultation
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Law Offices of Thomas G. Tripp at 727-544-8819 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation by phone.